Barganier and Associates is looking to expand our compliance team. Our compliance team is responsible for annual unclaimed property filings with each of the US and Canada jurisdictions. The team handles data collection and analysis, due diligence and report preparation. Our compliance team is also expected to apply changes in laws and regulations to maintain the highest level of accuracy for our clients' reports.
This is a full-time position in our Atlanta, Georgia office. The new associate will work closely with the best unclaimed property professionals in the country for industry leading clients as a member of our compliance team. With demonstrated excellence towards both the technical aspects of compliance and customer service, the new associate will have opportunities to expand job responsibilities to include audit defense work and special projects.
Desired Skills and Experience
* A four year degree in business, accounting, finance or related field
* 2-4 years of work experience, preferably in finance, treasury, and/or legal
* Strong skills in MS Office, database and server environments
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent communication skills
* A laser focus on client service
* A desire to learn and grow every day
* Advanced degrees in accounting, tax, business or legal fields
* CPA and/or Member of Bar
* 5+ years of work experience, preferably in finance, treasury, and/or legal
* State and local tax experience, preferably in unclaimed property
Generous benefits package available for qualified employees.